Current:Home > MyChainkeen|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -TrueNorth Capital Hub
Chainkeen|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 08:39:50
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Chainkeen which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (3)
Related
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- Reba McEntire to sing national anthem at Super Bowl, plus Post Malone and Andra Day performances
- Senegal presidential candidate renounces French nationality to run for office
- Mississippi legislators consider incentives for a factory that would make EV batteries
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Couple gives $100M to Atlanta’s Spelman College, in largest single gift to a Black college
- Nearly 30 years later, family of slain California college student sues school for wrongful death
- Could Elon Musk become world's first trillionaire? Oxfam report says someone might soon
- Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
- Elton John achieves EGOT status with Emmy Award win
Ranking
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Snoop Dogg's 24-Year-Old Daughter Cori Shares She Suffered a Severe Stroke
- Illness forces Delaware governor John Carney to postpone annual State of the State address
- India’s newest airline orders 150 Boeing Max aircraft, in good news for plane maker
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- How long can ground beef stay in the fridge? Here's how to tell if the meat is still good
- German far-right party assailed over report of extremist meeting
- 3 People Arrested in Connection With Murders of Pregnant Teen Savanah Soto and Her Boyfriend
Recommendation
House passes bill to add 66 new federal judgeships, but prospects murky after Biden veto threat
ACC accuses Florida State of breaching contract, disclosing 'trade secrets' in amended lawsuit
Former ESPN sportscaster Cordell Patrick ejected from RV on busy California freeway
House committee holds final impeachment hearing for DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas
This was the average Social Security benefit in 2004, and here's what it is now
9/11 victim’s remains identified nearly 23 years later as Long Island man
Donkey cart loaded with explosives kills a police officer and critically injures 4 others in Kenya
Barking dog leads to rescue of missing woman off trail in Hawaii